Land Surveying Manager
ACTUS has an immediate opportunity for a Land Surveying Mapper to join our Land Development team in our Las Vegas Office. ACTUS has a large backlog of residential subdivision plats, commercial subdivision maps, ALTA’s, and boundary/topographic surveys The candidate should be well versed in creating maps in 2018 AutoCAD 3d and will assist the Professional Land Surveyor with general Survey duties for residential, commercial, retail and/or industrial projects. Responsibilities will include:
· Assist the Professional Land Surveyor with preparing ALTA surveys, Subdivision Plats, Parcel Maps, Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, Improvement Location Certificates, Legal Descriptions, Exhibits, and other surveying related items.
· Coordinate with surveying and engineering staff.
· Plot/Interpret legal descriptions, survey maps, and construction drawings.
· Capable of performing QA/QC checks on work performed by self and others.
· Maintaining and organizing CAD files to ensure consistency with company standards
· High School diploma/GED diploma required.
· Training Certifications (CST, MOT, first aid…etc.), Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in surveying and mapping/geomatics, GIS, engineering, or related fields a plus.
· 4 years’ experience working as a surveying draftsperson preferred.
· 4 years’ experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D software preferred.
· 4 years’ experience using Trimble Business Center preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office/Word, Excel and Outlook.
Preferred characteristics and skills:
· Excellent relationships with the governing agencies
· Strong self-initiative, to work independently
· Good leadership skills