Flood Control Engineer
Land development is growing and so is Actus! Actus is offering careers to help manage land development projects through the entire design cycle.
You will work with professional engineers, professional land surveyors and drafters in a professional environment. You will have the opportunity to manage projects for commercial, municipal and residential land development.
We offer a competitive compensation package, full benefits and growth opportunities.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL US AT:
ACTUS has an immediate opportunity for a Flood Control Engineer to join our Las Vegas Office. The candidate will assist the Principal Engineer with research, design and analysis for flood control conveyance facilities. Responsibilities will include:
- Flood Control Hydrologic/Hydraulic modeling
- Research of historic drainage studies and preliminary site assessments
- Preparation of drainage studies
- Engineering design of flood control facilities including channels and storm drain systems
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in hydrology, hydraulics, and/or flood control engineering
- Professional Civil Engineering License or ability to obtain license within 6 months of employment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on a team of designers, surveyors, and engineers
- Practical application of various hydrology/hydraulics software including HEC-1 (or HEC-HMS), HEC-RAS, Flowmaster and WSPG
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Competence with AutoCad Civil 3D
- Familiarity with Clark County, City of Las Vegas, City of North Las Vegas, and Henderson design standards and processes regarding flood control.
Preferred characteristics and skills:
- Practical application of WaterCad V8 for water network analyses. The Principal Engineer will train the candidate for preparation of water network analyses.
- Civil Engineering Intern may be considered for this position in lieu of Professional Civil Engineer
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States