Civil Engineering Senior Designer – Land Development
Land development is growing and so is Actus! Actus is offering careers to help manage land development projects through the entire design cycle.
You will work with professional engineers, professional land surveyors and drafters in a professional environment. You will have the opportunity to manage projects for commercial, municipal and residential land development.
We offer a competitive compensation package, full benefits and growth opportunities.
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL US AT:
ACTUS has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineering Senior Designer to join our Land Development team in our Las Vegas Office. The candidate will assist the Project Manager with managing the technical staff, and general engineering design of residential, commercial, retail and/or industrial projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Assist Project Manager with obtaining jurisdictional approvals
- Requesting and receiving record drawings from the governing agencies
- QA/QC of technical staffs work product before submitting to the Project Manager
- Prepare justification letters/memos for approval of design documents
- Maintaining and organizing CAD files to ensure consistency with company standards
- Responsible for creating and updating schedules in MS Project to assist Project Manager with completing projects on schedule and budget
- Minimum 5 years of experience with civil design in land development
- Good relationships with the governing agencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team of designers, surveyors, and engineers
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Project
- Highly Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent time management with an ability to multi-task
- Strong sense of urgency to meet client deadlines
- Familiarity with Clark County, City of Las Vegas, City of North Las Vegas, and Henderson design standards and processes regarding flood control
Preferred characteristics and skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent relationships with the governing agencies
- Strong self-initiative, to work independently
- Good leadership skills
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Full-Time/Regular with benefits.